Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another blog is born

Sometimes last year I decided to create a blog where I could share my experience, thoughts and mostly to keep an journal on this fascinanting world of road runners. When I created the blog "Running Girl" I never really thought that anyone would really care to read my posts which were basically an journal of my weekly training. What had just started just a jornal where I could write about my personal experiences and daily rountine become a real blog and followed by other fellow runners. How cool is that?

Since I am a Brazilian-American the most logical thing was to write my posts in English. It never really occured to me that other runners from other language other than English, much less Português, would be interrested in follow my blog which to me was really just a journal.

I guess I underestimated the power of the internet. A few month after I had created a blog I had several runners from both Brazil and Portugal not only reading my posts (thanks to online translation) but also following it daily. Today more than 30 runners from this two countries are following my blog. Quite amazing, indeed!.

I can only say that it has been an learning curve for me since I am new in this interesting world of blogs and a rewarding experience at the same time. Since creating this blog I have made several good virtual friends from both Brazil and Portugal. We follow each others blogs sharing knowledge, running tips, experience, and more than anything exchanging camaraderies. It's has been a truly joy meeting other runners from this two countries. Brazilians runners made me reconnect to my native country and the Portuguese are teaching me a thing or two about running, training and challenges we face as amateur athlets. Most of all it's great to share the same passion for this sport, even from a distance.

Now that I have learned a little more about blogs, it's time to have another page where I can write in English. It will quite challenging updating on a daily basis two blogs but I will try anyway.

Let's keep runnning.

2 comments:

  1. Sandra,
    I hope that you have time to run and write in two different blogs! It's not easy!!!!

    kisses
    MPaiva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. Now you can preach in several continents! I'll be reading the portuguese version, although I love the english language.
    Big hug,

    ReplyDelete