Friday, May 15, 2009

Summer Races

Well, I am totally rested now from my last full marathon of April 11th down in Champaign-Urbana. Now it’s time to get back to training again for the next races on my schedule.

Fist one will be in a couple of weeks (June 7) - 13.1 half marathon. This race is Chicago’s newest half marathon. This same race happens every year in Miami, Atlanta and Ft. Lauderdale and now Chicago.

The second marathon on my schedule is another half, Rock’N’ Roll Half Marathon on August 2. This race finally arrived in Chicago. Other cities where you can run this race is San Diego and San José (California) San Antonio (Texas) and now Chicago. As a matter of fact there is a real cool twist on running this race. If you run all 4 of them within a calendar year you will become part of the “Rock’N’ Roll Hall of Fame and get a really nice medal for participating in all 4. I am really planning on running all 4 some time in the future.


The third half marathon will be the 13th Annual Chicago Half Marathon on September 13followed by a full marathon On September 19 in Dayton, Ohio (Air Force Full Marathon). I am not 100% sure if I am running or not yet. It will depend on two things:

1)If I am picked to run NY City marathon or not which I should know by July (hopefully).
2)And most important, if the orthotics that I will start using within a few weeks will eliminate the problems on my foot. I really need to get rid of this injury before trying to run another full marathon.

Another idea that I am “cooking “ at this time is if I don’t get picked to run NYC Marathon I will than run Air Force and than in November while in Europe on business travel to the city of Porto, Portugal to run an half marathon there. For now all is only this: a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment