Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update on foot Injury

This past Saturday I went back to see the Podiatrist to cast for the insole. I, of course asked doc so many questions.. would it really work? Will I be able to run a few marathon this summer? What if doesn't work? I think all these questions are really valid, right? It concerns me that the soreness on the bone of the ankle is still there even after 3 weeks after the race.

Doc believes that this thing will really work and if not I will have to go to a physical therapist; and the last resort would be to see an orthopedist. I just hope this will not be necessary.

I have so many plans for the months ahead. I am planning on running 2 or 3 half marathons during the summer. I have also signed up for the New York City marathon but don't really know if I will be called this year. I did mostly because my friend Ellen signed up as well and I would really love to run this one with her. The only small problem ( I hope it will be just a small one)is that when I signed up for this one I totally forgot that at the end of October I will be in Germany on business and if I am called to run this race I will have to to cut the trip short and don't even know if it will be possible. I was not thinking on I did it. Anyway, I should know by July if I am in or not; at least I hope so.

At the other hand, it would be a good thing that I am not called this year. If not called and since I am already in Germany I could run the marathon in Porto, Portugal which will will be on November 8Th. It would be a great opportunity to travel to Portugal. Even my husband might join me on this trip. He has been in Portugal about 20 years ago and is dying to see it again.

Visitign Portugal has been alway a dream to me. I have been in many countries in Europe but have never had a chance to visit this particular country. thanks to Miguel Paiva (blog "Maratonista") who told me about this race and suggested I run it while I am there.

Thank Miguel for suggesting this race. It would be a great opportunity to meet some of my Portuguese friends who are also runners.

Keep running!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you love Portugal. I am an Australian living in North West Spain for 18 months and we are not far from Portugal (3 hours drive) so I have visited a few times.

    Lisbon is one of my favourite cities

    ReplyDelete
  2. OI SOU U MINERIN ;GENTI EU TO INO LONGE MESMO;EU NAO TENHO NINGUEI ASSIM DI LONGI SIGUINO EU .SI OCE QUIZE SIGUI EU VOU FICA FELIZ DIMAIS NE MESMO ;OIA PARECI QUI EU TO AI. TO ATE MEIO NERVOSO DI TA ESCREVENU;SÓ DI SABE QUI OCE RECEBEU MEU RECADO JA TO FELIZ SI OCE SIGUI AI ENTAÕ É BOM DIMAIS;ABRAÇO ;

    MINERIM DI MINAS

    ReplyDelete